This guide is designed for players both new and old, to help you prepare for your upcoming Pokémon GO tournaments.
- You must submit a Team List before your tournament's list submission deadline via the RK9 Pokémon GO Team List Creator. Always double check that you've entered you team information correctly.
- You can resubmit your team list as many times as you want prior to the submission deadline, however you must play the final team you submit.
- If you are provided with a Samsung A52 phone to play your tournament rounds, and you normally log in via Apple ID, you will need to link a Google or Facebook account and use that account to log in. You can do this in game by selecting ACCOUNT in the Pokémon GO Settings menu.
- Tournament pairings will be posted to Challonge, it is good to familiarise yourself with this site in advance of a tournament.
- Players should be familiar with the Play! Pokémon GO Tournament Rules Handbook.
At the tournament:
- A Challonge bracket will be generated at the beginning of the tournament, you should open a link to this on your personal phone, so that you can find which station your match will be played on. If you need help finding the link ask a member of the tournament staff.
- Pokémon GO tournaments are played in a double elimination format, this means that players continue playing until they have lost 2 separate matches (or have won the tournament!).
- You will be provided with a copy of your team list at the beginning of the tournament, you are responsible for looking after this as you will need to present it to each of your opponents at the start of your match.