This guide is designed for players both new and old, to help you prepare for your upcoming TCG tournaments.
- You must submit a deck list before the submission deadline via the RK9 Deck List Creator.
- Your deck list must be legal for the format you are playing. Format information can be found in the Play! Pokémon Tournament Rules Handbook section 5.4 Constructed Tournament Formats.
- Ensure you save your decklist, and then submit it. You can submit any number of new lists prior to the submission deadline, but you must play the most recent list you have submitted.
- It is good practice to use card sleeves on your deck for tournament play, we recommend starting the tournament with fresh sleeves, as well as bringing a spare packet in case you need to change them during the tournament.
- Make sure you have the following materials for playing; damage counters, special condition markers, VSTAR marker, and a randomizer.
- Players should be familiar with the Play! Pokémon Tournament Rules Handbook.
At the tournament:
- Each round you will be paired against another player to play your match, you will be able to find your table number through your RK9 Player Tournament Dashboard.
- Ensure you get to your table on time, being late to a match can result in penalties.
- Between matches in the tournament it is good to check the condition of your sleeves, if they are becoming damaged at the edges it is worth replacing them before your next match.
- If you ever have a question during your games, raise your hand and signal a judge that you need assistance, they will be able to answer questions, or fix the game state if needed.